Foods rich in antioxidants
The foods rich in antioxidants are vital to our overall health. These "magic" foods not only improve our health but also increase our life span and youth. They are the healthiest and most nutritious.
Antioxidantis the name given to a group of substances that protect human cells from damage usually caused by free radicals.
Free radicalscan impair the immune system. They are atoms, which are formed during the natural metabolic activities of the body. Other factors such as smoking, radiation, pollution, and pesticides also contribute to the formation of free radicals.
We can find antioxidants naturally in some fresh foods. Studies have shown that there is a lower risk of developing a variety of diseases for people who include in their daily diet foods rich in antioxidants, , including cancer. The best known antioxidants are the vitamins A, C and E, manganese, zinc and selenium. Even if you stop reading right now, that is enough that you should know about antioxidants - take more of it in any form and you should be healthier than ever!
Here is a list of various foods that contain high levels of antioxidants:
• Carrots, Broccoli, sweet potatoes, peaches, tomatoesare rich in vitamin A.
• Citrus fruits like oranges and Lemay, vegetables with green leaves and tomatoesare a great source of vitamin C.
• Green vegetables like kale and spinachare good sources of the antioxidant lutein.
• Fruits like plums, apples, mango, pineapple, pink grapefruit and prunesalso contain high levels of antioxidants.
• Berries, including strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, cherries and blueberrieshave the highest antioxidant content (anthocyanins).
• Broccoli and other vegetables like cauliflower, cabbage and Brussels sproutsare also full of antioxidants (indoles).
• Nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts), sunflower seeds, oil from cod liver and green leafy vegetables have high levels of vitamin E.
• Dried fruits such as apricots, dates and prunes have high antioxidant content (beta-carotene). But be cautious not to have too much artificial sugar! (that is bad habbit of manufacturers to put to much sugar syrup to the dried fruits)
• Legumes such as pinto beans, soybeans and beansare rich in Genistein (a powerful antioxidant).
• Whole grain cerealslike millet, barley, corn and oats are packed with antioxidants. Ideal for breakfast!
• Tea- the drink, we have every morning is high in antioxidants known as flavonoids.
• Fish, chicken, corn and red meat are high in selenium and zinc.
• Recent studies have shown that red wine also delivers a good amount of antioxidants. Nice :)
Studies show that there are countless benefits of a diet rich in antioxidants.
Regular intake of antioxidant foods enhances vision as protects the retina from free radical damage and also reduces the rate of degenerative eye diseases such as cataracts. Everybody knows that natural antioxidants, such as vitamins, strengthen the immune system and make it resistant to viruses and infections, such as colds and flu.
They also help in delaying the aging process because they protect cells from free radicals, which is considered the main cause of aging.
If you want to keep your skin young and to prevent wrinkles, you should eat foods rich in antioxidants, which improve skin and make it more elastic. Antioxidants also help to prevent some types of cancer, especially prostate cancer and breast cancer. Heart diseases, are significantly less frequent in those individuals receiving daily antioxidants.
The fruits, vegetables, beans and nuts should be your main diet. Eat whole foods (not so squeezed and juiced) and let them be raw!That is the shortest advice which guarantee health.
For herbal antioxidants, please have a look at our dietary supplements below.
Dry extract from bloody geranium
Strengthens the immune system and shows anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory properties
Inhibits the development of pathogenic viruses, bacteria, parasitic fungi and cancer cells
Maintains healthy immune system
Slows down the aging process
Dietary supplement, based on dry extract from Commiphora Mukul (Guggul) standardized at 35 mg Guggulsteroids and 35 mg Е&Z Guggulsterones
Enhances metabolic rate in a natural way
Promоtеs fat burning process and weight loss rate
Considered as one of the safest available weight loss supplements on the market
Dry extracts from Tribulus Terrestris, Mucuna Pruriens, Ginkgo Biloba, Geranium Sanguineum
For the overall health of men over 30 years
To stimulate the body's overall vitality.
To speed up the recovery process after systematic physical stress and diseases.